Welcome, Guest

Community Website Week.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Community Website Week.

Community Website Week. 6 years, 5 months ago #160

• admin
  • Administrator
Well our first month is now over and we have had an excellent response with many more readers than we expected, we totalled just under 5,000 page views.

The statistical data from the website shows us that by far the majority of readers are coming to us from other internet sites and resources directly through links. We need to encourage local readers and contributors as much as possible, as our slogan says.. 'its your village and your community!' and we need input from Barton-Le-Clay and surrounding village residents and businesses to achieve our goal.

So with this in mind we are setting up a 'Community Website Week' where we will promote the Community Website in the area.

We hope to tie this in with the establishment of the new Community Website Noticeboard (subject to Parish Council permission) in the week 11th -18th April 2011. We have a new banner on its way and some postcards which we plan to ask local businesses to help support us and kindly display the postcards in a window or shop front. We also plan to circulate information to all local groups, meeting places and local official bodies in our area.

Help with this task would be most welcome, if you can spare just an hour that could make all the difference... please PM me.
Last Edit: 6 years, 5 months ago by admin.

Re: Community Website Week. 5 years, 3 months ago #564

• BIg Fella
  • Fresh Boarder
Was there or is there any of this happening this year ?
Maybe at the village festival ?

Re: Community Website Week. 5 years, 3 months ago #567

• Jenna
  • Platinum Boarder
Due to work I handed the community website over to a friend last year and this caused a bit of a lull in activity, I now have it back and I am pushing ahead with getting the community website a lot better known in the village.

I have sent out the first postcards to local traders to say were here, were free and please use us. I have also bought in a few community website posters (printed vinyl) and I now have 2 new advertising boards will appear around the village soon!

The Village Festival is an event that I'm interested in taking part of, after making a few requests for information to people in the village nothing though has materialised and the community website has not been approached by them to publicise the event either so its been put to the back of community website jobs. If I get some confirmed details (times, dates and locations etc) then I see no reason why there could not be a stall at the fete(?) to promote the community website and the history group at least.

Re: Community Website Week. 5 years, 3 months ago #568

• Chunky
  • Expert Boarder
I have a phone number for an organiser of the village festival if its any help, I will PM it to you.

The committee has now put on the www a list of the events the outline is
Saturday 30 June - Church Fete and Camera Club
Tuesday 3 July - Bake & Play - Smallchefs/Jelly Jamborees
Thursday 5 July - Flower Club
Friday and Saturday 6/7 July Barton Players - Variety Show
Saturday 7 July - Strawberry Fayre
Monday 9 July - Youth Jazz
Friday and Saturday 13/14 July - Beer Festival (Scouts & Guides)

Re: Community Website Week. 5 years, 3 months ago #571

• admin
  • Administrator
Postcards letting local business know that the community website accepts traders adverts have started to go out today.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
You are here: Village discussion forum